Saturday, April 16, 2005

Jesus in the Morning

Jesus

This is a picture I took while taking a Saturday morning walk before the hustle of the day begins. I saw this statue of Jesus and thought I would take a pic of it with my new cameraphone. What caught my attention though was the way the statue was sculpted. His facial features and hand "movements" seemed to say "...come to me". This weekend as you prepare to worship remember first what Jesus said in Matthew "...come to me". It says that when we draw near to him, he draws near to us. He created us to love him. In loving him, we become shaped, transformed, renewed, and all we can say are the words from the Doxology:

Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost
Amen.

No comments: