Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Love of God

14When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,[a] 15the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. 16I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit. 17And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. 18And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. 19May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

20Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. 21May he be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen.

Ephesians 3:14-21

When you read these beautiful words from the Apostle Paul it brings to mind the essence of a follower of Christ. We are to be people who are digging deeper and deeper into the love of Christ knowing that we will never reach the end of it. There is a song by U2 titled I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, one of the best songs in their catalog. This song exemplifies what I believe as a follower of Christ, that I will continue searching until my life on Earth ends for more of His unexplainable love knowing that I will never reach the end. I truly believe that I still haven't found what I'm looking for, even more of Christ. This will be the task of my days on this earth, to seek out, to grow deeper into, and to grasp more of God's love, everyday.

No comments: