Monday, July 31, 2006

Worshipping Through Music

This past Saturday I had the privilege of seeing the European rock band Delirious?. I have seen many concerts in my lifetime, including Delirious? four times now, and they are tied with U2 as one of the best concerts I have ever attended. If you ever have the chance to see this band, do it, you won't regret it. Their show is an immense collection of incredible musicianship, wonderful songwriting, and a genuineness unparalleled by any other band. Every single song they sing, even songs written without audience participation in mind, become an anthem to God. It's an experience like no other.



After attending the Delirious? concert on Saturday my heart was overwhelmed with excitement about leading our church in worship during the past weekend experiences and especially this coming weekend for our Facedown worship experience. Some great friends and musicians are coming to Northview for this weekend of worship and prayer. I truly believe that when someone encounters the living God they cannot walk away unchanged. My prayer is that this weekend will genuinely be an encounter with God like Ezekiel had in Ezekiel 44:4 "I looked and saw the glory of the LORD filling the temple of the LORD, and I fell facedown."

No comments: