Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Quick Stop In Kansas City

I'm currently with Emily in Kansas City on a 2 hour lay-over on my way to Memphis, TN for a much needed hiatus with some friends. Since I have 2 hours to waste I thought I would comment on some of the happenings in the world this past week.

After a close inspection of the current top news stories one would assume that our world is degenerating by the minute. We had a pedophile in Congress (former Rep. Mark Foley), a man who slaughtered innocent lives at an Amish school of all places, and North Korea testing nuclear weapons.

What a world we find ourselves in. I find myself a little dismayed and perplexed by where we have landed as a civilization as of this October of 2006. Do you believe the world has had the same amount of evil (as if you can really measure it) since it's creation, or do you believe that humanity has progressively gotten worse over time. On one hand, it seems as if our world is falling apart as we know it, on another hand, there hasn't been a time in history where news (whether good or bad) has had the ability to be broadcasted instantaneously from anywhere at anytime. This instantaneous news phenomenon could be an opening of our eyes so to speak to evils that have always been, but have been brought to light. What do you think?

1 comment:

Kara Joy said...

Tommy!! Emily!!! Is Memphis near Nashville??? Cuz I'm going there this weekend. I leave Friday at 2 and will be in the area until Tuesday. I'm actually staying about 45 minutes south of Nashville. I hope you guys have a blast!! :)