Thursday, December 02, 2004

Christmas is approaching Rapidly

This year, for me, has been especially speedy. It seems (literally) like a few weeks ago was when I arrived in the wonderful Oklahoma City. I am amazed at how time seems to expand and contract on a whim. But time is not why I am posting today. I had a thought that I would like to share with you.

A lot of people look at the business world and condem its approach of over-commercializing Christmsas time (or to be politically correct, holidays). But, I thought it might be prudent for those who are believers in the birth of a savior named Jesus that we look closely at some of the positive aspects of the business world. "Christmas 2005" is already in the works at major corporations. Most corporations have an idea of what the trends will be next year, and at this moment are working on a marketing plan for Christmas 2005. What if we (and I'm speaking to believers here) took a cue from the corporate world. What if we didn't celebrate Christmas just one day a year, but experienced the begining-of-redemption on a daily basis. What if on December 26th we still marveled at the beauty of a love so great that it would humble itself to become a human born in a mule feeder. I think the corporate world has a lot of priorities out of whack, but I think there may be some redemptive qualities we can learn from. Just a thought. God bless.

Tommy

No comments: