Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Now That Christmas Is Over

Last week was an incredible week. I always love Christmas time, but this year I didn't "feel" like it was Christmas. I don't know if you had the same experience as I did, but I saw Christmas all around me (trees, lights, presents, Mary, Jesus, Parking at malls), but I just didn't sense it on the inside. Don't get me wrong, I had a wonderful Christmas. I love spending time with my family and friends, and giving presents is always a fun thing (so is recieving, :) ) This year just went by extremely fast, and I believe that is why Christmas didn't feel like Christmas.

I am wholeheartedly excited about this coming year. I am going to be taking a lot of time to prepare my heart for some new things in this coming year. I am excited about leading worship with the finest bunch of worship leaders I have ever worked with, and I am excited about leading our congregation into the throne room of God in fresh and unique ways. 2005 is going to be a great year.

Today we have just found out that the total deaths from the great Tsunami will possibly be over 50,000 (it's already 40,000). I believe we should be in prayer for all those who are being affected directly and indirectly with this tragedy. I wish I could see what God sees when I look at this broken creation, but I can't. So all I can do is pray that God will comfort the broken hearted, and wake up the rest of the world to the fact that we are not alone in this world, and that God's command to love our neighbor also means our neighbors across the world. Join me in praying for all those who have been in the center of this tragedy. Love God by loving others. Peace, love, and rock and roll.

p.s. you can donate to the Red Cross by clicking on the title of this post.

No comments: