Tuesday, May 23, 2006

American Idol Finale Here We Come

Vote in the new tommybailey.com poll!!
-------------------------------------------------
Well, tonight was fun. Katharine and Taylor started the show off with some uptempo numbers. Kat didn't choose the best song of the bunch, it was still okay, but didn't show any enthusiasm or greatness. Taylor stole the first part of the show with Living For The City, he can truly sing and perform. Excellent. The second round went well, Talyor's tune Levon was one of my favorite tunes of the season, but I'm not sure it was the best pick for the finale, still great though. Katharine knocked it out the park with Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

The third round was an altogether different affair. Katharine's song My Destiny was possibly the worst song I have ever heard. I think I've heard better songs on the Mickey Mouse club. She was jipped. Taylor's song wasn't good either, but it didn't matter. He made the song his own and really made it shine, he rocked the house. My thoughts going into the third round revolved around the fact that all throughout the season Taylor always took a song and really sang it from deep within, and made the song all his own. That's his gift and he used it tonight. Go Soul Patrol.




In other news...
My girlfriend and I are hosting and American Idol Finale party tomorrow and our local Fox affiliate got wind of it. They are bringing a camera crew to the party tomorrow. Pretty funny. Go Soul Patrol.

Vote in the new tommybailey.com poll!!

No comments: