Saturday, May 20, 2006

The DaVinci Code



I saw the opening of the DaVinci code last night, and enjoyed it. The film was an adaptation of the DaVinci Code novel by Dan Brown. I've always wondered what the big fuss was over the book due to the fact that it was fiction, and now I understand...somewhat. I can understand how the Catholic church is up in arms over this film, but it's fiction (with some interesting factual historical events). Anyone with a penchant for history will enjoy this movie.

It was also refreshing film to watch. It was a thriller, but with a more melodramatic pace, and no glitz and glamour. I didn't see anything Oscar worthy (other than Screenplay), but it was enjoyable.

This is the theatrical trailer if you wish to view it:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought that the movie was great!
i have not read the book nor did i know much about the movie,
but it was very entertaining.
i think it's nice to get people thinking about things.
let's stir the pot :-)

Anonymous said...

I've not seen a movie Tom Hanks acted in that I didn't like. (I certainly have NOT seen all of his films) Also, I liked the films directed by Ron Howard with the exception of Willow.

I'll probably see it once it hits the Netflix circuit.