Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Boring, Dull, Lifeless

Who do you think will be the bottom 3? Vote now in the tommybailey.com poll.

My biggest fear was that American Idol this week was going to be boring, and the fear was justified. I thought some of the contestants performances were so-so, but no one stood out as a star (maybe Chris, but even he wasn't the great compared with other episodes). Altogether, I think it was lifeless. I am looking forward to hearing Andrea Bocelli. Let's hope some of these contestants are saying a Prayer for tomorrow's results.

Katharine McPhee
Katherine McPhee: She sang her heart out, and I thought she did pretty well. Something was missing though. The beating she got from the judges was unjustified, they were ruthless for no reason.

Elliott Yamin
Elliott Yamin: Incredible singer no doubt, but it wasn't the best song, a little boring at times. The judges praised him like he had just won a Grammy award, again, unjustified for the opposite reason of Katherine. And Paula started crying why?

Kellie Pickler
Kellie Pickler: Goodbye

Paris Bennett
Paris Bennett: I thought it was good, best vocal of the night. The tune was a little dated, but her stand-out performance won me over.

Taylor Hicks
Taylor Hicks: Not his best night, not his worst either, but man, I love to listen and watch him perform. I love soul.







Chris Daughtry:
The coolest performance of the night, but not the best vocal by any means. He's safe.

Remember to vote in the tommybailey.com poll.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula gets on my nerves!!! who is she to talk about "you were pitchy" that B*** can't even hold a note- but anyways, i think they were harsh on katherine and not even so much to the ones that actually deserved like Taylor and Kellie!

I hate AI every day more!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok Ok ... all the judges on drugs last nite? (i know paula was - ha) they really reamed Kat and my opinion... she was the best one all nite! that girl can sing!! and what was up with them carrying on about Elliott? he wasn't THAT great. i felt so sorry for Kellie! i think she'll make a great country singer, but definatly not good enough to sing in any other genre. she may be the next to go. my hope is for Elliott to be gone tonite, we'll see.....

Anonymous said...

My household loved Elliott. For me, his song brought back sweet memories of my late 20s/early 30s years (showing my age). It also resulted in my looking up and finding another old favorite of the late Donnie Hathaway on Rhapsody. My 80 year old mother could not understand why the judges were so hard on Katherine. She thought she did very well. I thought Katherine’s rendition was not great, but she did make it her own. It was pretty good. Paris should have chosen a Whitney or a Celine Dion song. As usual Kellie was not good. For me, Taylor is okay. I'm not crazy about him, but I'd vote for him over Kellie. I just like Chris.

I do fear that one of my favorites – Chris, Elliot or Paris will go home tonight. I was able to get through many many times to call in a vote for Paris. It was no where near that easy for Elliott or Chris (even with double phone numbers). I did text message votes for them.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Do you know you can get an american idol coin which will feature 2 finalists on 2 sides? Well, I got mine from americanidolcoin.com.

C ya.