Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Let The Show Go On

Okay, after the past few weeks I thought American Idol was running into a wall with its ridiculous themes, and to be honest, I thought last night would be another bore, but I was wrong.  It was a great show.  Even though standards are not my favorite songs in the world, the contestants overall did a stand up job.

Here are my favorites of the night:

Taylor: I just have to admit that I really like Taylor.  It seems that he just has music inside of him, and when he really performs it spills out.  He did a great job with the Sam Cook tune.
Taylor Hicks

Chris:  He really showed that he can sing, and sing well, I was overly impressed with this take on "What A Wonderful World".  It was wonderful (insert lame joke laugh here).
Chris Daughtry

Paris:  This girl can sing.  Period.
Paris Bennett

I still have to give props to Katherine, she also can sing like no other.  I agree with Simon that she was the best singer of the night, but I still think she lacks in the personality department.  I feel the exact same about Elliott.

The bottom three will be:
Ace
Kellie
Elliott

It's tough to predict who will go home, but if I was to guess, I would say Kellie. (I know, she has a huge fan base, yada, yada, yada, but she really hurt herself with her self deprication. I'm not sure anyone wants to vote for someone who doesn't even believe they did well themselves.  If not her, Ace (it's ironic that his song choice was "That's All).

2 comments:

Kara Joy said...

yeah last night was really good. i kinda want kelli to be sent home. i really liked katherine but taylor and elliot were good too. last night just wasn't that painful. good show good show. oh, and by the way... i think you're awesome and i miss you and i might come to oklahoma this summer for a bible quiz and you better be there cuz i wanna give you a hug!!! (did you hear that carol ross's sister kathy saunders died this weekend? do you remember her?? ashley or chelsy? ashley was like between you and me in age i think. pray for them.) anyways i love you tommy bailey. tell emily and abe hello for me. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm showing my age, I liked the standards theme. As much as I liked Stevie Wonder, I felt that most of the contestants did not know (if any) too much about him.
I thought Queen was a very odd choice. My mother thought the standard theme was great. She could sing along with all the song choices.

I think the Love Songs theme will be a good choice.