Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Worst They've Ever Had

For that last 2 weeks American Idol performances have been consistently in the dumps.  From the first note tonight I could tell this was going to be another let down.  

The biggest disappointment of the night was Taylor Hicks.  Taylor is probably my favorite contestant (out of any season), and I think he could still do very well, but tonight was a terrible night for him, but my guess is that he'll be back next week like a storm.  

Taylor Hicks
Taylor Hicks

We all know Mandisa and Paris can sing, but they didn't show their strengths tonight.  

Taylor Hicks

Katharine has always been boring to me, but she gave us a little more tonight, no mistaking she has a great voice, just not the X factor.

Taylor Hicks

Elliott was good, but forgettable, use the voice dude, don't listen to Kenny Rogers (the author of boredom).  

Taylor Hicks

Even though Kellie isn't a favorite of mine, she did pretty well tonight.  

Taylor Hicks

Ace has got to go, period (could someone remind him that the Backstreet Boys went out with the trash in 1999).  

Taylor Hicks

And then there is Bucky, he's like the fly you continue to try to swat, but it just keeps flying away by an inch. My fear is that he has done that tonight, he wasn't good, but he may be good enough for that mystery fan base of his (who really votes for Bucky?).  

Taylor Hicks

Chris was the star of the show in my opinion, he showed that he can sing and not just yell. Good song choice as well.

So that leaves the question, who will be voted off tomorrow?  If it was based purely on the performances tonight I think Taylor would be gone (I hate to say it), but I think he has enough of a fan base to be safe (I'm in that fan base). My guess is Ace or Elliot. They are both somewhat forgettable.  Who knows, what do you think?

Taylor Hicks
Taylor why, oh why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no photo of or comment about Chris! I think Taylor or Ace should get the boot, but it may be someone I like that may get the boot. Right now I have 4 favorites. I like Mandisa, Paris, Chris and Elliot.

Since you are allowed to vote for any number of Idol Performers, and can vote over and over again until you can't get through, I vote for my 4 favorites over and over. If one on my non favorites sounds really good on a particular performance, I will vote for them once. As the number of performers dwindle down, my favorites will dwindle down. In the next week or two (if they don't get voted off) I will cut Chris or Elliot from my favorites. I'ved called in 20 to 40 votes for each favorite.